The Noosa Clinic is not a Bulk Billing Surgery – The Doctor decides the appropriate fee to be charged for each consultation or procedure. Clinic policy is to Bulk-bill all pensioners and all students under the age of 17 years.
- Level A Short Consultation – $50.00
- Level B Standard Consultation – $80.00
- Level C Long Consultation – $110.00
- All skin checks performed by Dr. Desh Jayasinghe, who is an accredited Skin Cancer Doctor, will be charged a private fee if not on a pension healthcare card as follows: 30 minute consult fee is $130.00 with a rebate of $71.70. Pensioners and Health Care Card holders will be bulk billed.
- Acupuncture treatment: Private fee for private patients is $110 for initial and $80 for follow up appointments. Pensioners and Health Care Card holders will be charged a small fee.
- Some complex surgical procedures may also attract a fee.
These fees are normally rebateable from Medicare and can be processed from our office. This can be direct deposited into your personal banking account when you provide reception with your bank BSB and account number. Otherwise a cheque will be sent to your postal address.
The following patients will continue to be ‘bulk-billed’, at the Doctors discretion.
- All pensioner and concession card holders, including Veterans Affairs pensioners.
- Patients with chronic conditions requiring frequent review, or frequent tests, may be bulk-billed at the discretion of their doctor.
- Childhood vaccinations as per the Australian Immunisation Schedule.
- Significant surgical procedures. Minor procedures will attract a gap at the discretion of the doctor.
Consultation for insurance examinations, diving medicals, pre-employment or employment related medicals, and Work Cover treatments have their own separate fee structure and by law cannot be claimed through Medicare.
If you have genuine difficulty in paying these fees the matter can be discussed with either the reception staff, or your doctor, and alternate arrangements may be possible.
Regrettably we cannot advise you regarding the cost of medications, specialist treatment, blood tests and X-Rays as these services are provided by operators external to Noosa Clinic; We advise you to discuss the matter with the relevant provider.